Client Name: Sun Hill Properties, Inc.
Size: 57,429 SF
Location: 191 Cochran Street, Simi Valley CA 93065
Year Completed/Project Status: 2020 – 6-month construction duration
Construction Value: $1.1 million
Scope of Work: General Contractor
Revitalizing an Occupied Hotel Property
DDB partnered with Sun Hill Properties to implement a comprehensive property improvement plan at their Courtyard by Marriott in Simi Valley to modernize the hotel in line with their occupancy rate goals. Working in a fully operational, occupied hotel meant DDB crews worked atypical hours with late construction starts to minimize impact to hotel guests. The revitalized property remains one of the top places to stay in Simi Valley.
Key Project Details:
- Delivered the occupied property improvement plan on time, within budget while minimizing disruption to operations.
- Increased the hotel’s gym size to 600 square feet, adding new equipment and a new hydration station, and new public restrooms with custom D13 vanities and leopard quartz countertops.
- Modernized public-facing areas, installing new carpet, and lighting, and added new wallpaper throughout the hotel as well as new fire sprinkler zones.
- Painted the interior and exterior.
- Upgraded the hotel’s pool area, including refinishing the pool, providing new coping, and constructing a new outdoor porte-cochere, complete with new flatwork, stucco & Nichiha fiber cement paneling.