Client Name: Piper Preschool Los Angeles
Size: Outdoor Park, 13,000 SF
Location: 1475 South Robertson Blvd., Los Angeles CA 90035
Year Completed/Project Status: 2019
Construction Value: $160,000
Scope of Work: Design Build General Contractor
Bringing Imagination & Quality Design to a Progressive Preschool Play Yard
When Piper Preschool asked DDB to design and construct their new outdoor play yard for their West Los Angeles facility, the team was thrilled to bring school’s emergent curriculum and imaginative vision to life in their beautiful 13,000-square-foot outdoor environment. Working closely with Piper’s ownership and teaching staff, we designed a a one-of-a-kind play area that supports the school’s goals of inspiring and empowering children in a safe and nurturing natural environment.
Key Project Details:
- Designed a compelling bespoke concept for the outdoor play yard and completed the build-out on time and within budget.
- Designed and built two custom natural wood play structures, wet and dry sandboxes, art and woodshop sheds, wraparound benches and added corrugated metal roofs to the structures.
- Designed and installed a one-of-a-kind meandering cobblestone riverstone to encourage connection with nature.
- Carefully evaluated every element of the children’s and caregivers’ experiences on the playground to ensure the safest, most nurturing and inspiring environment, including evaluating play structure heights, walking paths and bridges, and placing controls on the cobblestone river to easily manage the speed of the water.
- Incorporated eight different species of flowering trees throughout the play area.
Project Partners: Piper LA.